Uri Gutfreund is a Law Firm Insurance Guru at Risk Strategies Company. He is a 20 year veteran of aggressively remaking law firm insurance programs — transforming them from the stodgy expensive cookie cutter policies to insurance programs that make good business sense. Utilizing the latest technology tools, like every other business has done for decades, Uri is passionate that law firms can and MUST change to survive. Uri’s team uses innovative benchmarking and real time best practices to serve his clients.
Uri is also the Founder and Moderator of the New York Peer-to-Peer Managing Partner Forum, a regional learning organization. This unique program is open to Managing Partners who feel the same passion to improve their firms by learning from each other in a non-competitive environment.
He is a Registered Professional Liability Underwriter since 2001 and a frequent speaker and writer on insurance and risk management for law firms. He also has five kids which ensures (yes pun intended) that he’ll be working his tail off for law firms for the next 30 years.
LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/in/urigutfreund
Follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/LFinsuranceguru
Send me a message firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- “Errors, Omissions & Scares-PLI! Professional Liability Insurance Unmasked.” Association of Legal Administrators – Annual Conference Speaker, 2014.
- “Buying and Selling a Law Practice” Westchester Bar Association Speaker, 2014.
- “Suing for your fees: Three insurance considerations to safely collect what’s rightfully yours.” 2013.
- “Lowering your professional liability premium: How to correctly answer the four critical application questions.”2013.
- “Lateral Hiring (Almost) Never Works – The Experts Say Why and What You Can Do About It.” 2013.
- “Five questions to determine if you need a new insurance broker.” 2013.
- “Partnership Agreement and Buy Out Insurance – What you wish you knew before your partner got disabled.” 2013
- “Today’s Growing Insurance Need: EPLI Coverage.” Law Office Administrator, The Newsletter for Legal Office Managers, 2012.
- “The top three office insurance errors for law firms. The fix is simple and inexpensive.” 2012.
- “The four methods to determine your professional liability insurance limits. The most important but least deliberated annual decision.” 2012.
- “The four blunders that law firm partners make in buying health insurance. Are you guilty as charged?” 2012.
- “How to fix your partnership agreement now so you don’t fight about insurance later.” 2012.
- “Stop buying health insurance, start buying Health Care – Your Four Point Strategy for 2012.” 2012.
- “Renting Out Extra Space? Set Up Protective Walls – The Renter can put the Firm at Risk.” Law Office Administrator, The Newsletter for Legal Office Managers, 2011.
- “Risk analysis in order: A lateral hire can bring big malpractice issues.” Law Office Administrator, The Newsletter for Legal Office Managers, 2011.
- “Law Firm Landlord – 5 General Liability strategies to keep the rent money and avoid the risk – Part II.” 2011.
- “Law Firm Landlord – 5 strategies to keep the rent money and avoid the liability risk – Part I.” 2011.
- “The 10 Point Professional Liability Insurance Comparison Checklist (Part 2).” 2011.
- “The New Business of Law: Ideas and Solutions for Effective Management.” Legal Resource Group, 2010.
- “The 10 Point Professional Liability Insurance Comparison Checklist.” 2010. .
- “7 Habits of Highly Effective Professional Liability Insurance Applications.” 2010.
- “The 5 shopping steps for your professional liability insurance.” 2010.
- “Evaluating Health Insurance for Partners.” 2010.
- “Same Page Risk Management.” 2010
- “Do Contributions Matter? PART I.” 2009.
- “Look before you Lateral – and the tips to do it right.” 2009.
- “10 Ways to Protect Yourself From Frivolous Lawsuits,” Fox News, 2007
- “Professional Liability Coverage for “Of Counsel” Attorneys,” Westchester Women’s Bar Association, 2006.
- “Solving Your Health Insurance Dilemma – It’s All About Custom Design.” New York Association of Legal Administrators (pg.27) 2006.
- “Risk Management.” New York Association of Legal Administrators (pg. 6) 2005.